Professional Engineering & Architectural Services
We will perform these tasks in accordance with agency planning requirements and current building and safety codes as applicable to such units.
- Coordinate electrical, mechanical. Plumbing engineering designs of the unit and incorporate into unit construction documents.
- Provide complete technical assistance to the client during the agency review process and incorporate comments as needed.
- Make site visits to observe and supervise the construction of structural components of the unit.
- After Agency required testing and approvals, release Certificate of Conformance.
The design process begins with developing initial ideas with the client. Our dedicated team works with the end user to find out exactly what the client wants. Our team then produces designs using computer-aided design (CAD), showing how the spaces in the building will be organized, what the building will look like in its environment and how it will be built. Most designs need approval from bodies such as local planning and building control departments, as well as from the client. Once the designs have been accepted, our architect produces detailed drawings for us to use. At Lumina Homes, quality is defined as: Total customer satisfaction, quality of design, quality of manufacturing, quality of performance and quality of service. All operating departments are accountable for quality as products are designed, manufactured.
Accessory Dwelling Units
An accessory dwelling unit is typically a dwelling that is “subordinate” to the primary dwelling. Instead, the subordinate unit may take the form of a mother-in-law apartment, basement unit, or a garage or out-building that has been converted into a living space. This unit is substantially smaller than the primary dwelling and can be leased out separately.
Notably, the accessory unit must be a dwelling. Typically, this means the ADU must have independent living facilities, such as a bathroom, kitchen, and some sort of bedroom/living space. If it lacks any of those three elements, it likely will not constitute an ADU.
One common form of an ADU is a garage converted into a livable rental unit. Some governing documents prohibit garages from being used in this manner, while others do not. Associations should decide if they want to continue this prohibition or modify it to allow ADUs in these circumstances.
Lumina’s architect has over 30 years of experience in Civil & Structural Engineering, Land Developments and Building disciplines both in public and private sectors. He has been responsible for conception through construction phases of several major public and private developments involving land subdivision, civil & structural design, facilities modifications, and custom home projects.
We believe the hall mark of our success is grounded in our dedication to consistently delivering our clients’ projects on time and under budget, with honesty, integrity, and a great deal of emphasis on client satisfaction.
Model: LUM120 (120 SQ. FT.) – STICK-BUILT HOMES – DESIGN & BUILD
Model: LUM160 (160 SQ. FT.) – STICK-BUILT HOMES – DESIGN & BUILD
Model: LUM320 (320 SQ. FT.) – STICK-BUILT HOMES – DESIGN & BUILD
- Tiny Home, Plenty of Windows, Suitable For Single Occupancy, Completely open Plan, Shower in Bathroom.
The Lumina (LUM160) is a tiny home most suited for one person. The Lumina (LUM320) is a tiny home most suited to a couple or single occupant.
The sleeping and living space are in all in one to allow for maximum space and as few walls as possible. The bathroom has a toilet and a shower, with a sink in the kitchen. There is space for storage at the foot of the bed, and alongside the kitchen.
- All openings for windows and doors were framed with steel section.
- Installed hollow rectangles steel sections framings. Weld the framing.
- MEPS Engineered plans.
- Electrical Package (Control panel 100 AMP.
- Circuit breaker, Power Hookup – 200 AMP).
- Plumbing Package – Standard city utilities hookups.
- Steel modification of the container.
- Dual Pane Windows – Tempered security glass.
- Insulated Door(s).
- Class A fire rating – R-13-Insulation/ standard insulation.
- A/C w / Heat – Wall mounted.
- 5/8” drywall ceiling and walls, painted.
- Complete bathroom & kitchen.
- IKEA cabinets, kitchen fixtures, and lighting.
- Duravit bathroom fixtures.
- Standard Appliances package / Summit appliances.
- Extra Windows/ Doors
- Shades/Awnings/ Patio
- Flooring Upgrade
- Custom Cladding
- Insulation Upgrade (Foam)
- Extra outlets, lights, switches
- Interior texture Coat & paint
- Appliance Upgrades
- Exterior Siding