Our scope of services
We will perform these tasks in accordance with agency planning requirements and current building and safety codes as applicable to such units. Our scope of work does not include any planning studies, site surveys. Foundation plans and or utility services hook-ups.
- Review and utilize local agency codes, ordinances and general compliance.
- Based on client’s overall project objective, prepare schematics and detailed conceptual plans.
- Develop interior lay out with window and door locations, discuss and finalize interior and exterior material use and recommend unit aesthetic design and structural aspects.
- Once architectural aspects with schematic designs are agreed upon with the client, develop structural design and calculations for building and safety reviews.
- Coordinate electrical, mechanical. Plumbing engineering designs of the unit and incorporate into unit construction documents.
- Provide complete technical assistance to the client during the agency review process and incorporate comments as needed.
- Make site visits to observe and supervise the construction of structural components of the unit.
- After Agency required testing and approvals, release Certificate of Conformance.
The design process begins with developing initial ideas with the client. Our dedicated team works with the end user to find out exactly what the client wants. Our team then produces designs using computer-aided design (CAD), showing how the spaces in the building will be organized, what the building will look like in its environment and how it will be built. Most designs need approval from bodies such as local planning and building control departments, as well as from the client. Once the designs have been accepted, our architect produces detailed drawings for us to use. At Lumina Homes, quality is defined as: Total customer satisfaction, quality of design, quality of manufacturing, quality of performance and quality of service. All operating departments are accountable for quality as products are designed, manufactured and delivered.